lunes, 8 de septiembre de 2014

Week 10. Your Favorite City


Talk in detail about your favorite city. How many times have you gone? What can you do there? What's attractive about it? Why do you like it? Read the example:

Well, being from Mexico, I’m very proud of one of our oldest cities – Guanajuato. I think it’s a great place to live or to visit. I’m not from Guanajuato, but I’ve been there two times and my sister’s at university there. The university is very famous and very popular as well, and the city is great for students.

I think Guanajuato is one of the most attractive cities I’ve been to. There are lots of very old, beautiful buildings. And it’s clean and the people are polite and friendly. It’s smaller than my city, but it feels there are more people from many parts of the world living or studying there.

The main reason I like Guanajuato so much is that there’s a really wide variety of things to do. It has the beast art galleries and museums I’ve ever been to. There’s a concert hall and an old theatre. There are lots of cafés and restaurants and the nightlife is brilliant.


Useful phrases:
The main reason I like…
it’s a
(great) place to (live)
it’s great for (students)

it’s (more beautiful) than…
it’s the (largest)…

it’s one of the (most interesting)…

it’s not as (dangerous) as…
it’s got the best (museums) I’ve ever seen / been to.

a wide variety of…
spend time (doing)

Useful vocabulary:
proud of
famous
beautiful / ugly
clean / polluted
safe / dangerous
old / modern
expensive / cheap
exciting / interesting


buildings / history / sightseeing / nightlife / shopping
art galleries / museums / theatres / movie theatres
sports centers / stadiums


Now talk in detail about your favorite city on Quiz 13:



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario