lunes, 1 de septiembre de 2014

Week 9 Comparative and Superlative Adjectives

Look at these sentences:

1. Learning English is easy

2. Learning English is easier than learning Chinese

What differences do you see?  In sentence 2 we are comparing two things, learning English and learning Chinese. When we compare two things you must conjugate the adjectives (easy) to transform them into comparative adjectives (easier).

Please watch this video:



Now look at these sentences:

-My brother is tall (tall: regular adjective)

-My brother is taller than me (taller: comparative adjective)

-My brother is the tallest in the family (the tallest: superlative adjective)

We use superlative adjectives to say that something in number 1 in a group. Other examples:

-My job is the most difficult job in the world!

-My friend Felix is the craziest person in Juarez!

Please watch this video:


Now take two quizzes. Quiz 11:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Rb6IrEtj_f90LH-VaxlGWApv8ydpllpacBSS9Nx5VBM/viewform

 And Quiz 12:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IpQLRF_FwBOltSC15bD3UTpvFoBu1pf_5Bpwz-Sm9bo/viewform


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario